Log in


PO Box 490, St. Albans Bay, VT  05481

Phone: 802.876.6200



The Residential Building Energy Code (RBES for short):

Since 2009, the State of Vermont has had an Energy Code in place. It is applicable to all new and renovated homes (conditioned spaces). If you are building a new home or renovating an existing home you are required, by law, to follow the minimum R-value guidelines set forth in the RBES law (as summarized in the Handbook). You are also required to submit a completed RBES Certificate or a Vermont Owner/Builder Disclosure Statement with the Town or City where the project is located before you can obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.

The REBES is based upon the IEEC Code and is updated every three years. We are currently using the 2015 version.

Build to the RBES Code...

It is the least you can do! Minimum codes assure some level of financial security to your clients.

Please Support our Annual Association Sponsors!

VBRA Annual Sponsors

Gold Sponsors


Silver Sponsors



© 2019 Vermont Builders & Remodelers Association, PO Box 934, Williston, VT 05495
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software